Friday, June 5, 2009

15 Weeks



I'm almost 16 weeks already, which seems crazy. Most days, I don't even feel pregnant yet. I'm still feeling really good, though I'm starting to get sore. Bending over is starting to hurt and I have to be careful about moving to quickly if I've been sitting for a while. I have my first chiro appointment today. I'm hoping he can adjust my back so that it doesn't hurt when I'm sleeping anymore. It's also supposed to be really good for you throughout your pregnancy to help with positioning the baby so that they are in a good position for the birth. 

Still working on getting insurance to cover everything, but I actually have a name and direct number to call this time, instead of calling the general line and getting transferred 5 times. 

Next midwife appointment is June 23rd, and I'll be 18 weeks then. We'll schedule an ultrasound at that appointment, for when I'm about 20 weeks or so. 

I've been trying to eat healthier, including more dark leafy greens in my diet. I've been eating a lot of spinach salads with veggies piled in. I'm also drinking a tea that the midwife gave me. It's super yummy, hot or cold. 

Starting to look at baby equipment, and it's so overwhelming. So many choices. I really want to try to get good quality things that will last for a while, and especially things that aren't really BIG. WE have a small house, and not a lot of room for extras. I want to limit the amount of big furniture and big toys that come in. Baby doesn't need much for the first few months, and I'd like to keep it that way. So we're trying to find things that will have mulitple functions, or that will fit into smaller spaces.

No comments: